The Extreme Cold Weather Clothing System, or Gen-III ECWCS is a protective cold weather clothing system created originally by the United States Army Natick Soldier Research, Development and Engineering Center. They are used in various combinations to meet the cold weather environmental requirements of the US military.
Tru-Spec's baselayer thermal garments are based off these designs to provide the same level of quality and utility. The Level-2 garments provide light insulation in mild cold and an additional layer of protection in frigid conditions. The grid fleece pattern on the inside is designed for maximum breathability and improved moisture wicking properties .
- Zip through collar zips to create turtleneck.
- Thumb holes in sleeves for adding multiple layers.
- Flat-locked construction.
- Double needle-stitched hem.
- Microban anti-microbial properties in the fabric to aid in odor defense.
- Tagless heat transfer sizing label.